Welcome to Boxwood Cottage!

So glad that you found me! My blog is about everything I love like gardening, decorating my home & garden and crafting. Although I'm from Germany I write my blog in English so that hopefully every visitor can read it. Hope you'll stay a while and will leave me a comment so that I know that you were here! xoxo Carola

Monday, November 19, 2012

It's beginning to look a bit like Christmas!


Welcome back to Boxwood Cottage dear friends and readers where it's already looking a bit like Christmas these days :)


 So I thought I might as well share with you these beginnings, which are in no way finished yet. The Christmas decoration evolves a bit more with each day we're coming closer to December.


 Love my old flea market trumpets in the photo above especially at this time of the year!


 Ann's gorgeous paper cone above finds a home in my house every year at Christmas time!


 Silver, snowy Whites and Glitter are my favorites this time of the year.


Some of my soldered ornaments hanging in front of a mirror!


Stars dangling in front on my mantle and a winterey village on top of it with the old wooden church a flea find from ages ago.


Since we already had some frosty nights I had to bring in some of my plants which is how Miss Petunia  got a new hair do ;-)


A little vignette with an old Santa postcard above and a vintage opera glass.


Only the white pumpkins are still left from the Halloween decor and I think I'll keep them a bit longer. Notice the Anthropologie cups in the white cupboard spelling x-mas and the burlap cushion spelling "The bag of Santa Clause" in Dutch language.


Some close ups ( the first taken through my chandelier) of the mantle winter village, although I think that I'm going to change the mantle decor again soon and put out and on my collection of vintage silver glass Christmas tree toppers instead.


Sweet white gifts from sweet friends hanging from a chicken wire frame on the wall over my stair case, like the sweet angel bust and the stocking from darling Paula:


The last picture of today probably is my fave shot and my fave vignette so far. Love the beautiful bottle brush star with the silver tinsel wreath on top and the glittered Merry Christmas sign which I got sent from dear Christmas Carole over at Maynard Greenhouse last Christmas. And there are more sweet gifts from dear friends in this photo like a putz sheep and a glittered cone from Madai, a tag and bottle brush trees from Ann or an altered tin box from Lisa and I treasure all these gifts from my lovely far away blogging friends very much!


Wishing all my American readers and blogging friends a wonderful Thanks Giving feast this week!

Will be back soon with more Christmassy inspirations if you still want me too?

Hugs to you

27 comments:

Divine Theatre said...

The last one is my favorite too! However, they are all lovely!
Thanks for inspiring me!

xo

Andie

Lisa said...

Carola,
You & Ann Perry do Christmas better than anyone! In fact my gifts from you two are among my favorites. I love what you've done so far. Can't wait to see it on Christmas day, as I'm sure you'll be foofing up till then.
Hope your doing well friend.
Lisa

Zuzu said...

Oooooh!!! It is always so fun to see photos of your beautiful home, Carola. You have the most delightful and creative ideas!
I am just getting started on making a few new decorations for Christmas. Since Thanksgiving is this week, I won't start my decorating for another week or two.
I look forward to seeing what you will share next! :)
~ Zuzu

Isisjem said...

So many pretty things. Love the little Christmas trees and the village scene on the mantle piece.

Diane said...

Oh, yes. I look forward to all of your posts, especially at Christmas. I don't have a mantle and I'm anxious to see what you do with your little village if you put it somewhere else, too. Blessings to you and if you celebrate Thanksgiving - Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! Diane

Jenniffer said...

Lovely vignettes- it looks like you are having lots of fun getting ready for the season!
Blessings!

LostRoses said...

Oh yes, we want you to continue showing us more of your vignettes, Carol, you do it so well! Can't start on Christmas yet as Thanksgiving is still two days away, but then watch out! You are an inspiration, as always.

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hello my dear Carola, It's such a joy to be a virtual guest in your home and to look at all your fabulous Christmas decorations. Like every year you did a great job and put so much effort in creating lovely vignettes. There is so much to see and to drool over.
Have a happy day!
Big hugs,
Julia

Rachel said...

Yay! It just wouldn't be Christmas without a visit to Boxwood Cottage.

I love what you've done so far, can't wait to see more as we get closer and closer to Christmas. :-)

Twinkle Pink said...

Hi Carol so lovely to see all your christmas goodies out, I love it when everyone starts to bring all their treasures out.
Do you still sell your soldering decorations?

Ginny

Deb said...

Your home looks beautiful Carola!
I love your soldered charm ornament & your bottle brush & lamb collection is gorgeous ♥

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

I am moving to Germany so that I can have a cottage like yours! Beautiful!

The Rustic Victorian said...

What a wonderful post Carola! I love the Paula photo,,,and the soldered star on the mirror is fantastic! You always share so many wonderful Christmas photos!
I hope to see many more, I do miss Ann posting. I hope she is ok...probly just busy.
Looking forward to more of your photos!
Love
Marcie

Monica said...

...SWOOOOON!!!! But you already know I LOVE everything you make!
Big hugs!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Carola, I always love your posts. So much eye candy and inspiration.
No one does holidays better!
Hugs,
Patti

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Everything is so beautiful Carola - love your decorations. Missed seing your wonderful white feather tree. I wish me one too :-)
xoxo

Norsia said...

Hey.
It is long since I have visited your blog and I was so happy when I saw that you have started with the Christmas decorations.
It's always exciting to see if you have created something new.
You are a great inspiration to me :)
Here in Northern Norway is not much that reminds us that Christmas approached. there have been no snow here yet. only slightly in the mountains.
Wishing you a lovely Friday evening.

Regards Kjersti Nathalie

Norsia said...

Hey.
It is long since I have visited your blog and I was so happy when I saw that you have started with the Christmas decorations.
It's always exciting to see if you have created something new.
You are a great inspiration to me :)
Here in Northern Norway is not much that reminds us that Christmas approached. there have been no snow here yet. only slightly in the mountains.
Wishing you a lovely Friday evening.

Regards Kjersti Nathalie

BECKY said...

Hi Carola!
So lovely to see all of your amazing decor! You do such a wonderful job with it all! Each detail is just so pretty! Love all of your little trees, too! They're a favorite of mine! Thank you for linking up to Blissful Whites Wednesday!!
Blessings,
Becky

Mary Ellen said...

Carola it is looks just fabulous and oh so festive!! Wish I were as far along as you are!

Jody and Stan said...

Just found your blog and love it. So many creative ideas and what beautiful vignettes! Thanks for sharing. New Follower.

Jody

debra said...

Oh my goodness I absolutely love all of these decorations and your lovely home!

Burlap Luxe said...

Loved my visit, all so inspiring.
Loved everything the last one is perfectly inspiring.

Xx
Dore

Sandra said...

just beautiful and i wish my house looked like yours with all those lovelies!

Marianne@Songbird said...

I love your home! I think you do the whole 'decorating with vintage' thing so well.

Ivy and Elephants said...

I love your Christmas décor! Your home always is a treasure trove of goodness. I think your new soldered ornaments are just amazing.
Please, ... share more!
Hugs,
Patti

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Hi Carola! Everything is so lovely and so festive! I love seeing your home decorated for the holidays!!
Michelle xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails